Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Exercise

Last summer I wrote about the personal trainer friend I had that came and worked with me 2-3 times per week.  I think I was pretty optimistic about losing weight, getting in shape, and feeling good.

I have to admit that in hindsight, he was pretty successful.  I could see a difference in my muscle tone, although not a lot of difference on the scale or in my fat content.  Overall, I felt better.  Although every day he was scheduled to come I would try to find an excuse to cancel.  I never did get used to it, nor did I ever get to a point where I enjoyed it, although I've heard that that utopia exists for some.

This winter I've gained even more weight.  My obsession with what I can and can't eat seems to be a contributing factor, but it is also a function of depression and lack of focus.

I've been doing the tae kwon do for a year now (can you believe it's been that long!), and although I've noticed muscles moving around, it doesn't seem to have helped with weight loss.  I don't think I've given it the amount of force and time to really work.

So I signed up for an exercise boot camp for the month of July.  I'm scared to death, but I'm determined to do whatever I need to to lose these extra pounds.  I want to feel good, have more energy, and be less depressed.  I know exercise is a key to all of those, so I'm going to see how it goes.  I know it's going to kick my ass, and I don't intend to let go of the tae kwon do, either.  I'm not sure how I'm going to manage it all, but hopefully by the end of July I will look and feel amazing!  We'll see!

No comments: