Saturday, June 20, 2009

My husband thinks I'm attractive...

I don't think I said that quite right.

My husband thinks I'm totally hot and sexy. I know that sounds... well, I'm not sure how it sounds. But I thought it was worth writing about.

We've been married for almost 10 years. And I'm enough older than he is, that it matters. Not a few months, or even a few years. Thankfully, not a decade, but still. Enough that it matters. And age matters more to women than men anyway.

For a man, getting older means being wiser, more experienced, distinguished. In a culture that surrounds women with the idea that the most important thing is how we look, and more specifically, that we always look young, age tends to be hard. Women spend a lot of time and money on appearance. Even for those, like me, that don't get sucked into all of that, I still think about it. I still put a little effort into putting on make-up once in a while, dressing well once in a while, trying to stay thin.

But even still, I can't think of a better compliment to a woman than to be considered incredibly hot by the same person for 10 years or more. It's easy to be attractive to strangers. I clean up pretty well, I can turn on the charm, I can flirt with the best of them. But to be continually attractive to the guy that sees me first thing in the morning, when I'm being bitchy, when I haven't showered in days, when I'm sitting on the toilet... that's incredible.

I'm incredibly lucky. And sexy. ;-)

3 comments:

momof4boys said...

That's a good feeling!

Anonymous said...

Hot women are cool. Uhhh, does that make sense? Remain interested and you'll always be considered hot in his heart. Cool women are hot! Frank

Breanna said...

hope you had a great birthday :)