Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blogging...

I apparently needed a break. For the last month or so I have done absolutely nothing. I have been holding still for a while. Well, that's not entirely true. I have been doing nothing productive.

I haven't written here in quite a while, and then only sporadically. I find that I miss it a lot. I can see a difference in my behavior when I write here consistently. It's as if by writing out even the most mundane things I am thinking about, I am freed from stewing on them, and can be a little more lighthearted. Writing about the something that really bothers me allows me to let it go and move on.

I love that you read and respond to my rambling. I apologize for the sometimes worthless subject material!

All in all, I am more relaxed and organized in my mind when I am consistent here. I find that intriguing and disturbing!

My moratorium has not been for lack of subject material. There have been plenty of times I've wanted to write. I want to write about my weekend in Phoenix. I want to update on previous posts (workout, raffle). I want to tell you about spending a day with my son at his school, and my monthly menu. (OK. I'm using you as a reminder. I admit it.)

Other things I've neglected include summer studying for my thesis project, reading the blogs I love to keep up with, my crazy grocery pricing study and budget, my finances! ugh, and my business paperwork.

Instead of all of those things that need to be done, I've been reading for no reason other than my personal pleasure. Granted, I have three books in process and none of them are particularly pleasurable, but still. I'm reading them just because. I have been playing mafia wars on facebook. Is that ever a mindless time suck! I almost hate to admit to it. But, every moment can't be productive, right? Right? Ok, don't answer that!

I have to admit that I need these little mind breaks. I think the end of the school semester triggered this one. The last couple weeks of school were spent in frantic writing to complete the semester's assignments, and the next couple of weeks have been a super long exhale!

Interestingly enough, I've been more present with my daycare kids of late, which is good for them, and good for me. I have spent some time since returning from Phoenix organizing and simplifying my house. I have quite a pile growing in my garage in preparation for a garage sale.
After three years of "wanting" I finally broke down and bought the closet organizer for the kid's nap room and got all of my business paperwork, supplies, spare kids clothing, blankets, sheets, packages of diapers and wipes neatly arranged in the closet instead of piled on the floor and desk! It's made an amazing difference.

I guess I haven't been completely still. But I will get back to this for a while! I miss you!

2 comments:

momof4boys said...

Yea!! Reina's back! We missed you too!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Thought you died. Welcome back. Frank