Friday, October 2, 2009

Long time...

I think it's time to write. I've missed writing. Have you missed me?

I've been thinking about why I haven't been blogging. I've concluded that I'm an addictive personality. I get into something and focus on it with all of my attention for however long it takes for me to feel like I've used it up, gotten as much as I can, learned all there is to learn.

I know I was excited about the blog when I began. I had a lot to say. I felt a release as I let go of the words. It relaxed and excited me at the same time. It relieved my stress.

But as the words dwindled, it felt forced. My writing wasn't as good as it should have been. It felt forced. Then I felt like it was just another something I had to do. So I stopped. Of all the things on my plate, this seemed the easiest to let go.

And then the absence itself was a deterrent. It felt like admitting the lapse to come back again. The longer between posts, the more embarrassing it was to start.

But I've realized that I need this. My stress level is way up and it's affecting my business. This is my outlet for all the things that bug me. I need to write in order not to let it eat me up.

But I don't always have something to say. Sometimes I go weeks without a coherent thought in my head. That's just how it goes. I'll write when I need to, not when I don't.

Thanks for listening.

5 comments:

Cap'n Happy said...

You need to get your stress out or it's going to affect your health and relationships. (I know, "Well Duh")

Reina said...

Thanks! I wouldn't have guessed!

preacherstribe said...

Glad you are back. I look for you daily. On the other hand, in your time. Blogging isn't one of the great necessities of life, it's a way to connect when a connection is needed. Frank

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've missed you!! Will appreciate whatever you have to say whenever you feel the need to say it.

Sue

Reina said...

Thanks everyone!