Wednesday, March 24, 2010

In case I haven't mentioned it...

...I finished my thesis!

You have no idea how good that feels! I was grinning for a week after getting the entire thing signed off by my academic advisor and the Department of Education. I have an appointment to meet with the Office of Graduate Studies in a week, and once they sign off, that's all she wrote!

I still have work to do on the website itself. The design I paid a website designer to create is crap, and he needs to change it. It's been frustrating working with him, because he knows so little about the business he decided to start. But he's not arguing about the need to change it, and he was cheap, so I'm not complaining (much). I guess you get what you pay for!

I couldn't believe how thick my paper was, once I had printed it. I had never printed the whole thing. I took my son with me when I went to pick it up from the Department of Education. On the way home I told him that I had written the whole thing, and he said "no, you used your computer!" So I said that yes, I had not written it out long-hand, but all the words came out of my head, and he was duly impressed. He kept saying how proud of me he was, and then insisted on showing his grandma and telling her that I wrote that whole thing! It was quite cute.

Anyway, I will be graduating in May, and having a grand party on May 22nd. Everyone I know is invited. I can't believe I'm actually done, and I have no idea what I'm going to do with the degree now that I have it, but whatever! I needed something more to do, right?

3 comments:

Michael said...

Ph.D

Reina said...

LOL! Thanks, hon. You just want to call me doc!

Michael said...

You know I do.