Thursday, July 16, 2009

Disneyland

I just came back from a long weekend at Disneyland. I went with my son, and his girlfriend and her mom. My son's birthday was last Monday, and his girlfriends was this last Sunday, so it was kind of a combined birthday trip for both of them.

It's about an 8 hour drive south from my home, and I have a friend who lets me crash at her house in Modesto, which cuts about 1.5 hours off of the drive on the way down. I have to say, even 6 hours in a car is a long drive. And my son talks non-stop. And his girlfriend appreciates peace and quiet... So you get an idea of how the drive went! At one point, she started meditating in the car, and stayed like that for at least an hour!

It was supposed to be a "surprise" for the kids, but after 5 hours heading south, they pretty much guessed where we were going. It was still fun. They were still thrilled to be in Disneyland!

It was a fun-filled, sleep-deprived weekend! We crammed so much into the hours we had. It was a typical Disneyland weekend, but with the added benefit of sharing it with two girls that LOVED every moment. I have to say that it was fun to watch them having a good time. Especially the mom, who was so over the top excited!

And one little girl got the added bonus of being in Disneyland on her birthday! She was treated like a princess all day! Granted, the day only lasted until 4pm when we had to pile back into the car and drive 8 hours to get home in time to show up for work Monday morning! But still. I've never been in Disneyland on my birthday!

What a great weekend!

No comments: