Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Picture in the Paper

My son got his picture in the local paper!

Our town celebrated the opening of a long-awaited bridge late Saturday morning. After accompanying me to the farmer's market in the early morning, I dropped him off with a friend and his mother to enjoy the opening ceremony and whatever else they had planned for the bridge celebration.

He and this friend had been avidly following the progression of the bridge construction, visiting the site at least once a month from the closest vantage point.

He came home Saturday afternoon full of talk about being interviewed by the newspaper people, and that he was going to be in the newspaper. He also mentioned that he didn't get yelled at by the police, because he didn't do anything illegal (which I thought was very amusing!), but that his friend did.

And then Sunday morning I got an e-mail from my brother-in-law with my son's picture from the local paper! I went out to get my paper, and sure enough, he made the front page of the Region section.

The funniest part is that the picture is of him and his friend's mother watching his friend climb the fence to get to the razor wire at the top of the Folsom Prison enclosure! I guess that's what he meant when he said his friend did something illegal!

1 comment:

Christy said...

What is the link? I want to see it!