Friday, March 13, 2009

Time

It's amazing how the days fly by without even noticing.  It's Friday, finally.

My mind is a whirlwind of fragments.  No thought is sticking around for long, which inevitably puts me in a state of panic.  I feel like I'm forgetting something, or missing something important when my thoughts aren't cohesive.

And for the first time ever I'm having trouble sleeping.  Well, I guess ever is not the right word.  This problem started this year, so it's not exactly new.  But it is still surprising, because I've always been able to sleep through anything.  Nothing ever bothered me enough to affect my sleep.  Now I stay awake at night trying to remember the things I'm supposed to be doing, or worrying about things I can do nothing about.  I always thought that was an old person's affliction.  Am I that old? 

1 comment:

Christy said...

I've been having that problem too...I get woken up and the wheels star churning, and I can't shut it down! I don't think it's our age, but rather we have so much going on in our lives, it' hard to stop processing it long enough to check out and sleep!