Thursday, February 19, 2009

He's just not that into you...

I went to see this movie yesterday.  I knew there was a book written by this title that sounded interesting when I had heard about it, but I never got around to reading it.

The movie was LOL dumb!  It's basically about dysfunctional dating.  I actually did laugh out loud in the theater several times, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the appropriate places.

One of the relationships was a married couple.  The husband cheats, and the wife responds in a completely weird way.  But she did say one thing that struck me.  In trying to figure out how and why this happened, and she says "I used to be fun.  When he met me, I was fun."  I can totally relate to that.  She didn't even have kids!

I used to be fun.  Now, I'm a grouch.  What changes a person?  Is it getting old?  Is it being married?  Having kids?  Having a mortgage?  Is it merely a by-product of being too damn busy to keep everything straight?  When does one get to relax and be fun again?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I still think you are the funnest person I know! Maybe it's just a growing up thing and taking responsibility for your life. That's not a bad thing.

Sue

Steel Curtain said...

I don't think it has anything to do with age or having kids. Too me having kids should make you want to do a lot of fun stuff together. I believe having a husband who is just happy just sitting home and doing nothing, can cause the fun person to just fall into that pattern. This is only my opinion.