Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blogging...

I have to say, I've missed writing this week.  I'm surprised at how often I thought about something to write, and came up blank.  However, I'm more surprised at how much I missed NOT having something to write about!

When I started this blog, I had the intention of making every entry be about something.  In other words, every entry would have a topic of discussion, and not just be a random entry about my day.

Because of this, I've thought a lot about blogs; blogs I follow, as well as blog tips about writing blogs.  Most "experts" agree that in order to have a successful blog, you should have a specific topic of interest that you are more or less an expert in, and can share this information with other people who are interested in this same topic.

I do read blogs like this.  As you can see from the list of blogs I read, however, I don't have a single topic in which I am interested.  I'm not an expert in anything.  I have several areas of interest.  I know there are blogs out there, like Pioneer Woman, that are conversations.  Her blog is more of a diary of events throughout her day.  Combined with her flare for writing, it makes an interesting read.  She has many followers, as testified by the thousands of comments left on any given entry.

However, I find myself wondering about the longevity of this type of blog.  My life isn't interesting enough to keep people entertained.  So what direction should I take this?  Do you like the format?  Do you like the randomness of the entry topics?

I would love your feedback.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I like your blogs for the reason that you are so honest and real. I think that's a rare thing. I like reading them just to know the things you are thinking about, and what was meaningful to you on any particular day. So I like the randomness. I do realize though that considering I'm your MIL, and I love you, this comment may not be helpful to you for what you are really asking!! :-)