Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lack of Rambling

I've had a distinctly empty head this week!  No matter how much I think about writing, nothing comes to mind.  I've been feeling overwhelmingly content this week, about where I am and how incredibly lucky I've been, and that's possibly contributing to this lack of ideas.  Complacency is deadly!

I've been reading various publications on debt reduction, working-at-home options, and financial advice for troubling times.  However, nothing has really jumped out at me as a revolutionary discovery.  It seems like everyone is merely repeating what everyone else is saying.

One of the things that Suze Orman stresses is getting and staying out of credit card debt.  She mentioned that in this financial crisis, credit card companies would be increasing interest rates given any little excuse, and sometimes without an excuse.  In that she was correct.  Yesterday we received a notice from a card that has no balance that the interest rate was being kicked up to 24.99%, for apparently no reason at all!

So to further state the obvious, that money managers are making lots of money writing about, credit card debt is bad!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

No balance, and a rate hike? Sounds like somebody no longer wants your business!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, but I'm quite happy with you feeling overwhelmingly content and lucky, even if it leads to a slowdown of ideas!