Monday, December 22, 2008

Malcontent on hold...

My husband suggested today that I take a break from my malcontent and focus on the positives in my life for one whole day.  His suggestion was specifically that every time I think of something I am dissatisfied with, to put it on hold until tomorrow.

Well, I believe that to be a very good idea.  I am a believer in "the secret", "the law of attraction", "vision boards", and any other what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of philosophy.  I am putting my malcontent on hold to focus on those things that are good in my life.  I believe that what goes around comes around, and although it is much easier to complain than to praise, I'm going to give it a try.

Starting now, I'm putting my malcontent on hold and writing solely about the things I am happy about for an undisclosed period of time (I can't promise this will hold).

So here is a rudimentary list of the things I'm grateful for:
My husband
My son
My sister, her husband, my in-laws
Great friends
A house I love
My sewing machine
An awesomely comfortable bed
An income
My son's school
Books
This blog, and learning to appreciate writing
Vauna
The internet
My iPhone

This is a SAMPLING.  I'm sure there are plenty more that I'm leaving out.  I will most likely write about one or all of these, and any other thing that comes to mind, in the near future.

I could use some positivity in my life, and it's a rather good idea to start with myself!
Thanks Michael!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Aww, I like the positivity :)
Especially now, in hard times, it is self perpetuating. Good advice, Michael, and good list, Reina!
Also, yay for running into good friends at Mervyns :)
Hope you can come to New Years!