Saturday, December 27, 2008

Stomp!

I just went to the most magical, musical, noise-making I've ever heard.  It was called Stomp!   What an amazing thing to see these performers make music out of the sound that comes from their hands, feet, and the miscellaneous items found in a hardware store.

I'm around noise makers all day.  In fact, they are often making noise with the exact same instruments.  Maybe that's why it is so amazing that a little choreography can turn it into something cool!

Buying the tickets was my husband's idea.  Although I was mildly interested in the show, I probably wouldn't have spent the money on the tickets.  However, my husband thought our 6-year-old would enjoy it, and he was right.  Even though the show started at 8 pm, which is his bedtime, he was fascinated almost every moment.  I think he was interested in how they were making the sounds that they made.  And he definitely enjoyed the audience participation.  He even did pretty well about remaining quiet during the performance and not getting out of his seat.

I'm glad we went.  I'm especially happy he got to see it.  He's a very musical boy.  I hope this plants great ideas in his head about how creativity makes music, not necessarily the instrument you are using.

No comments: