Monday, December 15, 2008

Odds and Ends...

First, I'd like to thank those of you who comment on my entries.  The best part about having a public blog is getting feedback on how people react or respond to my writing.

Second, thank you to those who have forwarded the blog to anyone you might be interested.  It's definitely cool to think I wrote something that might be worth passing on!

And finally, I'm sorry for making the entries so long!  I'll try to be a little more succinct in my entries.  I know you don't have hours and hours to devote to reading blogs, so I'll try to make it worth your time, and not bore you in the process!

That being said, the "economic downturn" has finally knocked on my door, and I lost 2 clients this month due to the slow economy.  This has been on my mind all weekend.  Up to now, the financial crisis has been something far away, or just in my retirement account.  It had not gotten personal until now.  The distribution center where one of the child's dad worked shut down due to lack of funding, and the other child's mom has been having a hard time finding a job since she graduated from school.

I miss the days when jobs were plentiful in this region!  I wonder how long it will take for companies to start growing again.  Do you think it will get worse before it gets better?