Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Period...

Forgive me.  I'm slipping off the wagon for another rant.  I apologize right now to all of the men who follow my blog.  You are probably all sleeping with someone who deals with this, and is too polite to say anything about it.  You can stop reading now, if you so choose.  I won't be offended.

By period I mean: menstruation, on-the-rag, my time-of-the-month, and any other PC term for bleeding profusely from the crotch.  And by rant I mean: I don't understand how women go through this thing every month without complaint.  Well, maybe WITHOUT is a little too absolute.

I'm having my first period in 5 years, due to getting my IUD replaced.  Apparently yanking the old one out and stuffing a new one in causes stuff to come loose.  It's lasted all of a day and a half, and I'm already ready to cut my uterus out with a carving knife.  Now I remember why I wanted a hysterectomy for so many years.

It's like giving birth; you remember it was painful, but you don't remember the actual pain.  I knew there was a reason I loved not having a period, but until I went through it again, I didn't remember just how much of a pain in the ... it was.

Here's to another 5 years!  Cheers!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Thats why I had a tubal but I'm on the pill...very light periods, with no cramps. After my tubal I had 8 days of heavy periods...on a 21-24 day cycle. No thank you! I'll be on the pill til my eggs run out.
Oh, you forgot:
a visit from Aunt Flo, surfing the crimson wave, packing the parachute, (ok i made that one up...)

Breanna said...

OMG you are too funny!

serenitynow22 said...

I undestand so much. I have scared friends becuz the pain has been so severe I can act like a maniac. I tell ppl it is as if I have the worse migraine in my pelvis.

I envy you. You don't have to deal with it for 5 years. I can tell I am already PMS/PMDDing already.

I LOVE THE TITLE OF YOUR BLOG...RAMBLINGS OF A (RECOVERING) MALCONTENT. That is how I found your blog. I wanted the actual definition for malcontent. I found out I AM A MALCONTENT. You should start a group...MA...Malcontent Anonynomous.

You are very witty. I am so glad I happened upon this blog.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Reina said...

Thank you so much! I love having new readers. And thank you for commenting!